Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Wonderful Birthday and my Presents

So, this last Friday was my birthday. It was a great day. I'd like to thank, first of all, my future wife. She's  amazing. Wanna know how well she knows me? She got me a Garmin Nuvi 250. It's awesome. It's already been super useful, seeing as I had to go somewhere yesterday that I had never been to, in an area I was unfamiliar with. I plugged in the address, and said "Go!" And there was no problem getting there. Fast drawing, accurate maps, and spoken directions are fantastic. I really do recommend it.

My parents decided that I deserved a new iPod after all. My first generation iPod nano was finally starting to die. The battery didn't last long enough, and it was only a 2 gig. I had almost 10 gigs worth of stuff, and so it just wasn't enough space anymore. So, I bought a 16 gig iPod Touch (first generation) and software upgraded it to 2.1. That means lots of app store fun for me, and it's been incredible. I have to say, the capabilities of the iPod Touch is great. It's like a mini computer. I can check my email when I wake up in the morning by turning over and looking at my iPod. I check the weather, sports, and anything else that I want. It's a great invention. The touchscreen is as nice as anything I've seen in my life, and it has a great resolution. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I also got some great itunes gift cards from my future in laws, and my sister. And I've used the money to load up my iPod just a touch more. :)

Also, my (future) wife made a great cheesecake for dinner, and also did a great belgian waffle bar with apple juice, orange juice, real maple syrup, fruit, eggs and bacon. My sister and brother-in-law joined us for dinner and the white chocolate cheesecake. It was a wonderful meal. Afterwards, we watched Son of Rambow (which I really should review). As a precursor, it was a pretty entertaining movie. I do suggest that you add it to your netflix account.

 

Overall, it was a wonderful day, and I'm super grateful to everyone that had a part in it. As a side note, I turned 25. Yes, I feel old.

I've included some of the engagement pictures of me and my future wife. I truly love her. 

Photo by Jon Tehero   Photo by Jon Tehero   Photo by Jon Tehero

Photo by Jon Tehero

All photos are copyright Jon Tehero Photography (www.jontehero.com)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I love the Son of Rambow movie. I was a little skeptical at first but in all, I was entertained. It was cute.