Friday, September 5, 2008

The Week Long Wrap Up

This has been an entertaining week. I've gotten a lot done in the last seven days, and learned even more about random things. First of all, attending my first week of classes is always an enlightening experience. Finding out that I will be working with XLMiner (data mining and business intelligence software), Windows PowerShell (powerful scripting software for the Windows environment) and even Quicken Deluxe 2008 is exciting for me. Discussions on personal finance (personalfinance.byu.edu), change management in organizations and enterprise infrastructure creation and management were insightful and engaging. It's interesting the types of things that interest me. Most people I know would fall asleep quickly if they were subjected to such abject "torture" as this. However, I find myself intrigued -- quite a relief when I think that this is what I have selected as my future career.

My wife-to-be's birthday was on Monday. We had an exciting day of laying around, watching Just MarriedPhoto by Jon Tehero (an entertaining honeymoon movie) and many episodes of Friends on DVD (she LOVES it). We ate chocolate cake from Costco, proscuito, swiss cheese, and sourdough bread. It was a fun day, and one that was desperately needed by both of us. A little relaxation before the start of school is always a good benefit. It also allowed us to experience an entire day just being with each other and we loved it! That makes the wedding even more thrilling for me as we come closer to November 8. She's an amazing woman, and I feel more and more lucky every day to truly be able to call her mine. That's the thrill of a lifetime. And yes, I'm 24 (25 on the 12th), but I've never been more sure of anything in my life. It's great!

I came back to work at the lab this week. It's been entertaining. It's very crazy though. I went from making REAL money at Ernst & Young during the summer to my pittance that I receive for working at the lab. Granted, it's an easy job that allows me the freedom to do my homework and add to my blog here on the internet, however, it would still be nice to make more money and prepare to be better suited to support my future wife. It's all good still -- I'll be making real money soon. January and I get to be back in California and working at a real job and putting actual money in my bank account!

Next week is exciting. Check it:

  • Tuesday, September 9th: Apple has a new product announcement at an event called "Let's Rock". Check it out here: Engadget Blog
  • Friday, September 12th: I turn 25, officially. That's a crazy day.

Ok, so only two things may not qualify it as the most exciting of weeks, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I love technology. I just had to say that.

I can't wait for some more fun next week!

No comments: