Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleep, sleep the magical fruit

So, I love to sleep. I don't think I'm in the minority on this one. But sleeping is a wonderful thing. I mean, just look at some benefits (from http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongenergy/tp/healthy_sleep.htm):

  • Keeps your heart healthy
  • May prevent cancer
  • Reduces stress
  • Reduces inflammation
  • Makes you more alert (duh)
  • Bolsters your memory
  • May help lose weight
  • Naps make you smarter
  • Reduce risk of depression
  • Helps the body repair

No joking here. Sleep is like the best thing ever. I love to go to bed at night and just fall asleep to a good episode of Family Guy. You may ask yourself why I am writing about sleep -- I'm TIRED RIGHT NOW! That's why. I'm sitting here at work and I can barely keep my darn eyes open. I am writing this blog entry to keep me functioning for the next 10 minutes until I can head home and take a nap.

So there.

Go sleep people!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Just want to let you know that it's 1:45PM and i'm still in bed. I, too, love sleep so very much. Enough that I decided not to get out of bed today.