Monday, September 29, 2008

Tires Explode When You Least Expect It

Do you think you are safe from exploding tires? I used to think I was as well. But then, I found out that no one is safe. Let me elaborate.

Last night, as I was driving my future spouse home form the airport, we were along I-215. A little thing popped out in front of me, and I was unable to get out of the way without causing a problem. I went over it, and everything seemed fine. When I shortly thereafter merged onto I-15 towards Provo, we suddenly noticed a very loud sound coming from the front left side of the car. It was odd.

The car started pulling, and I began to make my move to get off of the freeway. I succeeded, and then got to a parking lot. Turned out that the front left tire had completely shred, and it was smoking. It smelled awful. I got out, and changed the tire. My fiancee did find it sexy that I knew how to change a tire. We were joined by a peace officer who drove by and wanted to check on us and make sure that all was ok. Anyway, I got the tire changed, and we drove home. Slowly. It was a long drive.

On another note. I was picking my fiancee up from the airport after her trip home to CA for two, yes 2 bridal showers this weekend. We racked up the gear, and I'm pretty stoked about that.

Check out my favorite three ladies in the world.

family

2 comments:

Amanda P said...

Sorry to hear about the blown up tire, dude. Wasn't it brand new as well? Depressing. Next time you'd better carpool with us. ha.
hovmilixw (I just wanted you to know what I have to deal with to post a stupid comment, next time they'll probably make me type the whole freaking alphabet)

Dianne said...

Three favorite ladies. Nice! By the way, I recognize that picture. I think, by law, that you should be required to credit the photographer, who, come to think of it, wasn't me. But I own the phone!

Ah, forget it.

Love you, Dude

P.S. ryfrmdu