Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Your Friendly Neighborhood ChaCha Guide

So, while I might not be quite as cool as Spiderman, I still have some good powers that I am now granting to the world.

I am an internet nerd. I love it. I search it. I even know advanced search operators for Google, and that makes me an efficient searcher. The fun part is that I can now get paid for it! For those of you (most of you) that haven't heard of ChaCha, let me introduce you. It is a human powered search engine that allows you to text any question you may have to ChaCha (242242) and get an answer from someone on the other side. Most of the guides take less than 3 minutes to find the answer to any inquiry. While things like directory listings are still faster from google, it's hard for Google to answer "What's the closest Mexican restaurant to the paradise hills golf course?" However, as a ChaCha guide, that's what I do. Find answers to ridiculous questions!

It's fun. I stay logged on and at $0.20 per answer, I'm making some money in doing this. And it's fun. You learn plenty of things. For example:

  1. The symptoms to syphilis
  2. The distance from LA Art Institute to FIDU
  3. Numbers for various people in Utah

And many other things.

If you spend as much time on the internet at work as I do, I recommend giving it a whirl. Check out their website.

Comments go where they go.

No comments: