Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Did Something I've Been Wanting to do ...

I bought a car. That's right. I bought a car. And I do appreciate all the input on the car decision. I just had to go with my gut, and the car that I felt best represented me and Lindsay, as well as provided us with the benefits that we will need. So we did it!


I am so excited about it. Let me tell you: I bought a 2009 Mazda 6. It's gorgeous. Now, here's the best part: I got it for probably $8,000 less than it would have been completely new. How, you ask? Well, I found a used one with 9,000 miles on it. That's right. 9,000 miles. That's it. For that reason, I got the car for about $8,000 less than the retail would have been on it were I have to purchased it with 250 miles on it. I can't tell you how excited we are about this car. It's white with black interior. And it has some cool features:


  • Push button ignition.
  • Mazda "Advanced Key" -- Basically,  you never have to take the key out of your pocket.
  • A CAVERNOUS trunk. Seriously.
  • 8-speaker sound system with Aux hook up
  • Steering wheel cruise and audio controls
  • And more!

I really love my car guys. I'm really excited to be driving it. And the best part is that it gets fantastic gas mileage, and will likely pay for itself with my mileage reimbursements in the long run. That's just so thrilling. I do have to admit that I was sad to see my beloved Firebird have to go. I miss it. But it's ok, as it will serve it's purpose for someone else. I know that the Firebird will live on. I'll post some pictures of my car later.


Work is good. I have been working on a custom data analytics assignment for one of our clients out of San Francisco. I have been working from the office, analyzing the data and verifying integrity and other items. It's been a fun project so far, and I'm learning a lot about how electronic accounting information systems work and process data. It's been an interesting ride. I enjoy some business intelligence work, so it's been a fun release for me.


Lindsay had an interview last week, and applied for a few more jobs this week. She taught the lesson on Sunday in primary and did a wonderful job (did I mention that we teach the valiant 9 in primary?)! We went up to my parent's house on Sunday for my mom's traditional pink dinner. Yes, everything was pink: chicken, rolls, pears, sweet potatoes, everything. It was all dyed up, and it was very delish. I helped my dad move the old TV and we set up the new one in it's "spot". It looks great.


What can I say? Things are wonderful. I can't complain for a minute.

6 comments:

Amanda P said...

Congrats, dude! Buying cars is fun. :)

bryan said...

Not going to lie, totally jealous. Did you get the 4 cylinder or the 6?

Matthew Gamblin said...

B -- 4. We were aiming for the gas mileage. And the 6 dropped it by over 5 mpg. Plus, the 6 starts a lot more expensive.

But boy, it really does get up and go.

Brandon said...

Nice blog!

I noticed you go to BYU. Have you heard about TweetBooty.com? They are giving away free stuff to BYU students.

Check out their site and sign up! I got a free pork burrito from Costa Vida the other day.

-Brandon

Dianne said...

Cavernous barely describes the trunk. If you laid me on top of myself and beside myself (dreamy thought, I know) you could put comfortably (you know what I mean!) four of me in there. Maybe more, in a pinch.

Your Mom sounds awesome with all the pink stuff. :>)

Aubrey said...

Congrats on the car!