Thursday, February 12, 2009

And the Cat Came Back, the Very Next Day


That title makes no sense, just so you all know. I mean, I guess I'm the cat, but it's totally not the very next day. But that's ok.

Hi! I just thought I'd check in while I was hanging out at home today. I'm really excited to watch The Office tonight, and find out what's going to happen in the 2nd part of last week's episode. I love that show. Seriously. It's way awesome.

Let's talk Taken. Now that was a very fun movie and I'm really excited that my wife was willing to go and see it with me. I'm telling you, nothing better than my wonderful, beautiful wife who can cook and loves action movies.

For those of you who don't watch TV, Taken is a movie starring Liam Neeson, who is playing Jack Bauer in this movie. Essentially, he's a former "preventer" who worked for the CIA. He was very good, apparently, at what he did and uses those skills to their fullest when his daughter is taken on her visit to France. He goes out there, kills a bunch of people, and hunts down his daughter. I don't wanna spoil it too much for those that plan on seeing it, but it's a FUN movie. Not the greatest acting ever (Maggie Grace, who plays the daughter, is pretty lame) but Neeson has to be one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. Watching him play a bad-a secret agent was absolutely fun. He plays it completely and totally, dedicating himself to the role. He is amazing, and sells the movie by himself.

He's impressive in this movie. The action is virtually non-stop after the first 30 minutes or so, and it is brutal and quick. I'm glad that Luc Besson decided not to use the "quick-cuts" that have become so popular after the Bourne films. He films it pretty straight, and that really benefits the style. You need to know what's going on during the fight and action scenes, and therefore the movie carries itself well with the slower cuts that Besson uses.

Overall, my point is that I recommend this movie highly to everyone who loves a good actioner. It's intense, and there is material about sex trafficking and other very thematic elements. Don't take your 10 year-old to the movie. But please, go and see it if you enjoy a good action movie.

Next up on the queue to see: Probably He's Just Not That Into You. Valentine's day, guys.

Apart from the movies, everything is great. My wife and I are as happy as can be and looking forward to the next little while.

You know where the comments go.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Don't take your ten year olds or your slightly anxious mamas! Can't wait to hear about the chick flick. Bring it on!