Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fun Life

So, I've been meaning to get up here and post some stuff on my blog. So let me give you a couple quick bursts of information, with more detail to come in later posts (I'll get back to regular posting, I promise):
  • My wife and mother got together and did some extremely high qualilty catering for a wedding. They made petit fors, strawberry flowers and some other goodies. The food was amazing, and the lady was very impressed. My mom hopes to spend more time in catering, so please let us know if you'd like to talk to her about potential work for any event that you may be having soon. We have the pictures and recommendations to prove it. Not only that, but the prices are reasonable. Seriously.
  • Lindsay and I have a wonderful Friday night activity: Willow Glen Frozen Yogurt Company. It's down the street from our home, and it's amazing and cheap. It only takes cash, but if you live in San Jose, you owe it to yourself. Their wow cow (one different flavor a day) has only 9 calories per ounce. Love.
  • A project that I was working on at work was extremely well received and the CFO of the company is excited about what I produced. No more details than that, but I was/am well pleased.
  • I recently went on a diet, the flat belly diet. I did it before, during the summer last year, and lost 22 pounds in a mere 6 weeks. It was very effective, and I went down by 6 inches on my pants and stomach. Since I've gone back up in weight, I need to take care of myself. So I am.
  • Matt Holliday hit a towering home run today. Bout time. His first of the year, and I'm sure first of many to come. My dad and I went to a game on this past Saturday, got Holliday jerseys, and sat fifth row on the ground from right field. It was an awesome game. Giambi hit his first homer of the year and the A's stomped all over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It was so, so much fun. Baseball season is in full swing, and while the A's haven't been the best so far, things are starting to look up for them.
  • We want a dog. But still don't know if that'll happen. But we'll keep you guys informed.
Much love to everyone. Leave me a comment to let me know you are reading. I'd love to hear from you.

I'm going to be posting more.

Till next time.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering if you were still alive :) We also want a dog and Kyle has broken me down enough that we are getting one in a week and 1/2. It's a shichon (shih tzu and bichon mix). What kinda are you guys wanting to get?

Dianne said...

I'd say that things in your life are looking up! And to think you owe a good portion of it to that crazy apnea machine. Next time you go to Target, go in the bathroom and put your head under the hand dryer (the xelerator). It's just like your mask! Amanda and I decreed it on our vaca.

I'm well-pleased with you, dude. And your Mom sounds awesome. Again. Yeah.

Lisa said...

So good to get updates! I'm thinking Bryan and I are going to have to have ourselves some Wow Cow ASAP. And I'm so glad you want a dog! I love dogs. I think I've convinced Bryan we need one eventually, it'll just be a while.

Amanda P said...

Word, dude. Go A's. How much ice cream is in an ounce? I like it! Miss having you around, but it sounds like things are shaping up nicely out there in the Bay.

Matthew Gamblin said...

Thanks everyone for your delightful messages.

Aubs - We are looking at Westies.

Lisa - The Wow Cow is amazing. Call us and we'll happily take you there.

Amanda - I miss your crazy data about the A's.

Mom - We're getting you more work.

The End.

Kaija said...

we LOVE willow glen yougurt company, too! we should do a summer double date one of these nights, now that you are back in town after all your fun adventures! congrats on your good work at work. so what's the substance of the flat belly diet?